MARKETING + SALES + OPERATIONS
Meet Jamie Glass, Founder of Artful Thinkers
Download a copy: Jamie Glass Executive CV 2017
NEW! Podcast Interview with The Worldly Marketer
- Strategic Business Planning
- Globalization Strategy
- Executive Advisor
- Corporate Communications
- Marketing Strategy
- Customer Experience
- Brand Management
- Digital Media and Marketing
- Business Development
- Transformation, M&A Integration
- Sales, Service, Support, Ops
EXPANSIVE INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE: Repeated success leading and implementing growth strategies across B2B and B2C industries, including professional services, consumer products, media, e-learning, localization, finance and technology.
GLOBAL C-LEVEL RESPONSIBILITY: Chief Marketing Officer and EVP of Global Service Lines for $200M+ professional services organization, supporting 21 global offices, 1,000 employees and a network community of 10,000+ vendors and freelancers.
BUSINESS UNIT FAST GROWTH: Executive responsible for multiple business and service units within global services organization that achieved growth targets by 2 and 3x in single year.
MARKETING EXECUTION: Created new brand identities, M&A integration, built globalization programs, segmentation and propensity campaigns, retention programs and customer experience to support world’s leading language services provider.
SALES AND MARKETING LEADERSHIP: Lead corporate marketing and global sales operations for world’s largest e-learning company, defining initiatives for revenue growth from $134M in 1999 to 2002 run rate of over $300M.
ACCELERATED GROWTH: Headed up sales for computer training company, growing annual revenues from $2M to over $60M in five years. Established and managed outbound 200+ telesales reps who contributed 97% of total revenues.
TRUSTED ADVISOR: Worked in partnership with 50+ CEOs of SMBs to define business plans, marketing strategies and sales initiatives through proprietary consulting practice providing outsourced CMO and CRO advisory services.
WELOCALIZE: CMO and EVP, Global Service Lines
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of professional services company providing globalization services to Global 3000 companies. Executive team member responsible for global brand management, marketing strategy, new services launch and acceleration, business unit oversight, day-to-day operations of marketing and global sales support. Welocalize provides localization and translation solutions in 175 languages, across all content types for world’s top market and industry leaders.
- Executive for multilingual digital marketing agency acquisition and staffing services business supporting world’s largest consumer and technology brands with hundreds of onsite linguistic and functional testing contractors.
- Global brand and product marketing responsibility supporting worldwide sales and operations for $200M business.
- Build marketing and global sales support “engine” to deliver a wide range of marketing tactics for 4th largest language services provider in the US, 7th largest in the world, resulting in rapid growth from $118M to $200M+ in three years for the 20 year-old company.
- Set strategic marketing direction for past four years, targeting Fortune 500 organizations requiring language services to support their globalization business goals, including direct executive client engagement and strategic account management with world’s top brands.
EMPOWHER: CMO and Executive Vice President of Sales
Top health and wellness media company (EmpowHER Media) and 3rd largest online site for women’s health. Marketing and sales senior executive responsible for growth strategy, business development, strategic partnerships, client services, and all sales and marketing activities.
- Sold media placement and digital advertising services to leading brand agencies across the US, including New York and Los Angeles.
- Created sales team and created media solutions for top hospitals and health service providers in the US.
- Worked with executives to create pitch strategy for raising capital and established key partnerships with other online media companies.
HOT STIX GOLF: Vice President, Marketing
Senior management executive positioned in organization to build infrastructure, operations and general marketing practices for world’s leader in custom fitting.
- Doubled revenue in nine months through sales and marketing programs.
- Built client services, sales and marketing infrastructure to drive awareness and increase revenues, including support of partnerships with all major golf equipment manufacturers and distribution retail outlets.
- Managed marketing and media for all events and promotions, including PGA professional and celebrity tournaments, as well as created hosted in-store programs for pros, Fortune 500 CEOs and world business leaders.
THOMSON REUTERS (NETG): Vice President, Customer Support and Sales Operations
Member of the executive management team with responsibilities for management of customer facing and support personnel for Thomson Reuters’ e-Learning company NETg. Managed operations including customer service, product technical support, learning consulting, sales operations and technical service engineering for largest learning library and learning management system deployed in global businesses and enterprises.
- Managed team of 100+ members in pre- and post-support, in pursuit of exceeding organizations vision and goals.
- Leadership role in developing transition plans for integration of two organizations.
KNOWLEDGENET: Vice President, Marketing (Sold to NETg)
Oversaw all KnowledgeNet’s marketing efforts, to grow the stature and brand identity of the company. Manage and define activities including corporate communications and PR, branding, lead generation, creative services, web sites and sales operations for fastest growing e-learning provider.
DESERT DOCUMENT SERVICES, INC: Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Contributed to growing mortgage technology organization serving the financial industry with direct responsibility of all revenues related activities, including market definition, business development, partner programs and strategic positioning.
- Part of initiative to launch e-closing documents in mortgage industry and for large banks, streamlining the closing process for homeowners.
- Managed all day-to-day operations for sales and marketing, including large bank and mortgage company partnerships, broker groups and title companies.
SMARTFORCE, now SKILLSOFT: Vice President, Corporate Marketing and Global Sales Operations
Complete responsibility for global sales operations and marketing for international business. Part of transformation from computer-based training to e-Learning industry, including the launch of the first enterprise learning management system (LMS) to support the largest learning library in the world. Planned and administered multi-million dollar marketing budget.
- Provided the vision and leadership that averaged 30% annual growth, driving company for $134M in annual revenues in 1999 to $261M
- Established intranet initiative to provide global sales, services and support organizations of 800 customer-facing employees with all required sales tools and resources.
- Created and managed complete new branding and product campaign focused on results and complete learning solutions, including new collateral materials, new web site, advertisements, direct marketing campaigns, lead generation programs, customer case studies, sales tools, customer newsletter and customer support programs.
MASTERING COMPUTERS, now COMPUTER ASSOCIATES: Senior Vice President of Sales
Complete responsibility for direct customer marketing, telesales, and call center operations. Oversight of inside sales operations with more than 250 personnel, including management team of three Vice Presidents of Telesales, Trainers, Special Project Managers and Sales Managers. In 1996, company was sold to via Lake Capital for investment to take public and prep for acquisition by Platinum Technologies, a transaction valued at $225M.
- Played critical role in driving company’s explosive growth, leading to a successful acquisition.
- Increased annual revenues from $2M to over $60M in just 5 years, transforming traveling computer seminar business into a leader in IT training solutions with over 100,000 students from established client roster of industry leading organizations.
- Created and managed outbound telesales operation that contributed to 97% of total corporate revenues.
FIDELITY INVESTMENTS: Call Center Customer Service, Sales and Trading Manager (Broker)
ASSOCIATIONS + VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
- Speaker at ASU Business School, Phoenix Green Chamber, SkySong, ASU Polytechnic (Engineering), Seed Spot, SCORE, pitch and investment challenges, and various business and networking organizations in Arizona
- Founder of Arizona Leading Ladies Women’s CEO and Executive Network
- Founded Arizona’s Innovation Summit for Entrepreneurs and Investors, partnered with Arizona Commerce Authority (2013-2014)
- Member of 85 Broads Phoenix
- Member of NAFE (National Association of Female Executives)
- Administrator and Advisor, Finding My Shoes charity for homeless people
- Contributing Editor, Project Eve www.projecteve.com
BOARDS + ADVISORY SERVICES
- Marketing Services Partner, CKS Consulting (CKS Advisors – Equity Consultants)
- Founding Partner, Advisory Board Architects Arizona
- Founding Board Member, Program Chair and Executive Marketing Committee Chair (6 years) – MIT Enterprise Forum Phoenix
- Advisory Board Member, Traklight
- Board Member and Advisor, Pepped UP! Charity for children with cancer
- Advisory Board, Women Investing in Women
- Advisory Board and Contributor, Outcome Management Institute (OMI)
- Advisor, Propel Arizona – Arizona’s first crowdfunding platform
- Marketing Advisor, +swappow, early launch of non-profit